Friday, August 31, 2012

On The 361st Anniversary of Robinson Crusoe’s Journey…


In Daniel Defoe’s best book, Robinson Crusoe started his journey on 1st September 1651….

... and in an ill hour, God knows, on the first of September, 1651, I went on board a ship bound for London. Never any young adventurer's misfortunes, I believe, began sooner or continued longer than mine.



It means, tomorrow would be the 361st anniversary of that journey. Robinson Crusoe has been on my TBR pile since…perhaps the last one year. I own an Indonesian translation copy, and have put this book into my The Classics Club list. So, when I knew that o (Délaissé blog) will read this book and asking whether her followers might join her (it’s kind of informal read along without deadline, only we must start on 1st September), I promptly decided to join in.

Although I have been engaged with hosting the Gone With the Wind read along, I feel I’d need a book to go along with GWTW. I don’t think I’d be able to stuck on those >1400 pages for the whole month (and followed by another month). Robinson Crusoe might have been a perfect choice. So....who wants to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?