Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Do Me A Favour, Choose One From These Three…


Dear friends and followers,

I am right now reading Alexandre Dumas’ Twenty Years After, the sequel of The Three Musketeers. So, here I am again, meet those four famous gentlemen from France: Athos, Porthos, Aramis, and D’Artagnan. As usual, I will pick one or two characters from the book to be featured in my Character Thursday meme. I have planned to pick two characters from Twenty Years After, and will post the first one next Thursday (25/7). The question is, WHO MUST I PICK?

I am now on page 126, and have met all the four musketeers. The problem is, they are all wonderful characters with unique and interesting personality, that I still can’t make my mind of who must I pick for Character Thursday. So, here I offer a chance for all of you to help me.



Who would you like me to pick to be featured in Character Thursday?

I have featured D’Artagnan for The Man In The Iron Mask before and won’t write about him again, so the choice would be on the other (original) three musketeers.

Would you choose:


The calm and noble ATHOS?
The simple and naïve PORTHOS?
Or the elegant and full of intrigues of ARAMIS?

I would appreciate your ideas, you can just simply choose one of them by name only, or you can also give me reason why you chose him. I will pick whoever gets chosen by most of you, to be featured in the Character Thursday. 

Thanks guys… J

7 comments:

  1. I think you can already guess who will be my choice :-p

    Yep it is Athos. I have only read The Three Musketeers, but I can say, aside from D'Artagnan, Athos is the most important and most interesting character in this series. He was the leader of the four, and some bad experience in his past made him the Athos we all know.

    And I won't deny that this character being played by my favorite actor (Matthew Macfadyen :D) in the latest adaptation of The Three Musketeers affect my choice as who should be featured in your next Character Thursday feature. So please please please make it Athos! :)))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haa...I knew you would choose Athos! :)
      Athos is the eldest of those four, but I think all the three musketeers have their own interesting aspects. Well, just pray that Matthew Macfayden has a lot of fans here! :P

      Delete
    2. I do agree with Melisa.
      Athos is the character i love more than D'Artagnan in The Man In The Iron Mask movie.

      Delete
    3. Athos already got 2 votes so far...

      Delete
  2. Aramis!! =D

    Oh, I had a question about the sequels to The Three Musketeers: Are they appropriate for younger readers? I know there are some mature side-plot elements, but are they discreetly portrayed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are absolutely appropriate for any age of readers. So far I have never encounter any mature scenes either in Twenty Years After nor in The Man In The Iron Mask. It's totally safe-reading! :)

      Delete
    2. Okay, thank you so much! =)

      Delete

What do you think?